Clinical Day @ ISBI: Advances in MRI and PET neuroimaging and clinical translation to neurology and psychiatry
Luca Marinelli, General Electric (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ISBI 2019 will host the first edition of a day-long special session designed to promote the exchange of emerging knowledge of biomedical imaging in the clinical fields. Clinical Day will inaugurate the events organized at ISBI 2019 with sessions and plenary talks with specific emphasis in state-of-the-art translational and clinical imaging research. At ISBI 2019, the focus area of clinical day will be on modern applications of neuroimaging to motor neuron disease, traumatic brain injury, and psychiatry.
The event is designed to attract an increasing number of clinicians to ISBI and nurture multi-disciplinary interactions between clinicians and imaging scientists. Clinical Day will offer educational credits (CME) to attendants and will feature prominent clinician-speakers, a roundtable, and a pitch competition to identify unmet medical needs and propose innovative solutions enabled by cross-discipline collaboration.
Clinical Day @ ISBI 2019 will take place on Monday, April 8, 2019.
- Nazem Atassi, MD – Co-Director of the Neurological Clinical Research Institute at Massachusetts General Hospital, Associate Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School.
- Elisabeth Wilde, PhD – Director of Research for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Associate Professor at Baylor College of Medicine.
- Alessandro Padovani, MD, PhD – Full Professor of Neurology and Director of the Institute of Neurology, University of Brescia
- Marcella Bellani, MD, PhD – Deputy Director, Research Unit Brain Imaging and Neuropsychology and Senior Lecturer, Department of Neurosciences, Biomedicine and Movement Sciences, University of Verona
Round Table Discussion
- Andres Lozano, MD – Professor and Chairman of Neurosurgery at the University of Toronto, Tasker Chair in Functional Neurosurgery at Toronto Western Hospital.
- Internal presentation by competition finalists in front of panel of experts
- Breakout sessions with a panel of experts to refine pitch
- Public presentation
- Public vote for the best solution to an unmet medical need
To attend Clinical Day, registration for the event is required. Attendees of the main ISBI conference can register for a discounted fee. Single day registration is also available.