Call for Tutorials
The IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI) is a scientific conference dedicated to mathematical, algorithmic, and computational aspects of biomedical imaging in different modalities. It facilitates transfer of knowledge and expertise among different communities in biomedical imaging, and contributes to an integrative approach to biomedical imaging. ISBI 2022 will be held in Kolkata, West Bengal, India from 28th to 31st March 2022.
ISBI is a joint initiative from the IEEE Signal Processing Society (SPS) and the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS). ISBI seeks proposals for tutorials, which should provide clear and focused material covering emerging topics in biomedical imaging. The tutorials could be either half-day in length (3.5 hours including a 30-minute coffee break) or full-day in length (7.5 hours including coffee/lunch breaks).
Tutorial proposals must be submitted on CMT Submission Portal as per the format mentioned down below on this webpage.
Selected tutorials will take place on 28th and 31st March 2022.
The proposals should be submitted using only the provided templates. All proposals will be reviewed by an expert committee. Tutorial speakers are expected to register for the conference, but the registration fee of 1 speaker will be waived for every 10 regular registrations or every 20 student registrations for the tutorial. Tutorials may be cancelled if there are less than 10 full registrations (where a single student registration counts as one half a registration).
Format of the Proposal
The submission portal will first ask you to enter the CV(s) of each of the presenters as a single PDF file. This is mandatory. The CV of any one presenter should not exceed two pages. The CV should contain some information about previous experience in delivering tutorials, significant seminars or workshops. The submission system will additionally ask you to enter the following information in textboxes, adhering to various pre-specified character limits:
- Title of the proposal
- Description of Proposal Topic (max 4000 characters including spaces)
- Timeliness and Relevance to ISBI Audience (max 2500 characters including spaces)
- Description of the material to be covered (max 4000 characters including spaces)
- Time Duration Required & multimedia or any other facility required at the tutorial venue
- Description of the expected audience (Also, specify the minimum and maximum no. of registrations expected)
- Description of the coursepack
- Contact information including affiliation, website, title/designation, and official email address