Associate-Editor Guidelines and Instructions
ISBI 2022 has switched to Microsoft’s Conference Management Toolkit (CMT). Within CMT, we will use the Toronto Paper Matching System (TPMS) to help in the assignment of associate editors and reviewers to papers. ISBI 2022 will also use a double-blind reviewing process for full-length papers.
Associate Editors are expected to maintain the high quality of reviews at IEEE ISBI, along with a timely management of the review process. This will involve the following:
- Assignment of at least 3 suitable reviewers to papers, including at least one member of either the IEEE-SPS Bio Imaging and Signal Processing (BISP) technical committee (TC) or the IEEE-EMBS Biomedical Imaging and Image Processing (BIIP) TC, as per ISBI’s policy. Reviewers that are members of the BISP-TC and the BIIP-TC will be annotated accordingly in the CMT system.
- Monitoring of the review status to ensure timely completion.
- After receiving the reviews, writing a meta-review and submitting that in the CMT system.
InstruInstructions for Signing-Up With CMT and TPMS:
- If you are new to CMT and TPMS and need help navigating both sites, see: https://biomedicalimaging.org/2022/guidelines_cmt_tpms_setup/
- The login email addresses of your CMT account and your TPMS account must match. If you have multiple CMT accounts, make sure the one with the associate-editor credential matches that of your TPMS account.
- Make sure your mailbox does not filter emails sent from CMT as SPAM. All future instructions will also be posted on the conference website: https://biomedicalimaging.org/2022/guidelines-associate-editor/
- Once you have accepted the invitation, complete your Reviewer profile at the earliest as follows:
- Select Subject Areas in your CMT Account.
- Enter Domain Conflicts in your CMT account.
- Update your TPMS profile by uploading five or more of your recent publications relevant to ISBI. You have the option to remove any papers that are no longer relevant.
In case of any questions, please contact the organizing team at IEEEISBI-Support@listserv.ieee.org