Students and Young Professionals Activities
ISBI 2022 features events that provide students and young professionals with multiple opportunities to interact with experts and to meet people from diverse backgrounds that are pushing the boundaries of tomorrow’s biomedical imaging. These events will be conducted in the hybrid mode. We aim to create a friendly and inclusive environment, with the goal of developing and strengthening collaborations that can be pursued beyond ISBI 2022.
- Speed Networking: Students and young professionals (YP) will have brief interactions with multiple experts during the coffee breaks.
- Lunch with Leaders: This event will feature experts from academia and industry, who will give talks about their own career paths, lessons, and recommendations. During the latter part of the session, the experts will be seated at their respective lunch tables, and student/YP attendees will have the opportunity for in-person interactions.
- Career Date Meeting: Students and YPs will be matched with experts based on their research and career choices and will interact at their mutually convenient times either online or offline. Guidelines to make this meeting effective will be shared in advance with both mentors and mentees.
- Manuscript Writing from ISBI to Transactions: Participants will learn how to best present their work with expert advice from Editors and Associate Editors of IEEE journals.
- Grant Writing for the Young Investigator: This workshop will feature 3 speakers who will provide their insights and tips on writing effective research grants.
- Imaging Career for Biomedical Engineers: This event will feature 5 notable speakers from industry, who will provide career guidance.