The IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI) is a scientific conference dedicated to mathematical, algorithmic, and computational aspects of biomedical imaging, across all scales of observation. It fosters knowledge transfer among different imaging communities and contributes to an integrative approach to biomedical imaging.
ISBI is a joint initiative from the IEEE Signal Processing Society (SPS) and the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS). The 2016 meeting will include tutorials, and a scientific program composed of plenary talks, invited special sessions, challenges, as well as oral and poster presentations of peer-reviewed papers.
High-quality papers are requested containing original contributions to the topics of interest including image formation and reconstruction, computational and statistical image processing and analysis, dynamic imaging, visualization, image quality assessment, and physical, biological, and statistical modeling. Accepted 4-page regular papers will be published in the symposium proceedings published by IEEE and included in IEEE Xplore.
To encourage attendance by a broader audience of imaging scientists and offer additional presentation opportunities, ISBI 2016 will continue to propose a second track featuring posters selected from 1-page abstract submissions without subsequent archival publication.
|Opening date for submission of conference 4-page papers:||September 16, 2015|
|Deadline for submission (no further extension)|
|November 2, 2015|
|Notification of acceptance/rejection:|| December 23, 2015
|Final paper submission deadline:||February 1, 2016|
All deadlines are indicated for 11:59:59 PM Pacific Standard Time
(calculate time converter)
Papers are limited to 4 pages, with an additional $200 fee for up to 1 extra page. Four pages must contain technical content, figures, and references, while the 5th page may contain only references. This is the maximum number of pages that will be accepted, including all figures, tables, and references. Any documents that exceed the 5-page limit, or that have a 5th page containing anything other than references, will be rejected.
Instructions for authors
- Download the ISBI Manuscript templates.
- Manuscripts are submitted online.
- Accepted papers MUST be presented by one of the authors in person, at the conference site, and according to the final schedule. Any paper accepted into the technical program but not presented on-site will be withdrawn from the official proceedings archived on IEEE Xplore. The presenter MUST register for the conference by the author registration deadline. Failure to register before this deadline will result in automatic withdrawal of the paper from the conference proceedings and program.
- An individual can be first author of at most two paper submissions. There is no limit on individuals being co-authors of paper submissions.
- At least one author on each paper MUST register at a non-student rate (i.e., a student presenter MUST register at a non-student rate IF no co-author of the presented paper is registered at a non-student rate).
- By submitting a manuscript to ISBI 2016, authors acknowledge that it has not been previously published or accepted for publication in substantially similar form in any peer-reviewed venue including journal, conference, or workshop. Furthermore, no paper substantially similar in content has been or will be submitted to another conference or workshop during the review period (October 26 – December 23, 2015). The authors also attest that they did not submit substantially similar submissions to ISBI 2016. Violation of any of these conditions will lead to rejection.
Original call for papers in pdf.